Update 15w39 Update

All important server news can be found here.
Viesis
The Ebon Order

Update 15w39 Update

Post#1 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:18 am

Well, let’s just say things have been very smooth. I can safely say the conversion to a pure forge server has fixed almost all of the bugs we were experiencing before (and a lot we didn't realize). Most permissions are up and running stable, and over all, I could not be happier with how things are running.

- The past few weeks, I have been mainly updating the texture pack! I plan on rolling out a few phases to get more players.

The first phase is using twitch to get the word out about our server.

I am and have been for a few days starting to livestream as I play games. I am getting a few people every once in a while to tune in, but something like this takes a little time and the right hooks to get your name out there. I have been streaming other games besides Minecraft for diversity and I think I have things down now. Through livestreaming, we give potential players a glimpse into how our server works and the shenanigans we have.

The second phase is looking into the way new players join our server. What does this mean? Well, let's break it down.

I am basically evaluating how our whitelist system is working for new players. Currently, for new players to get on, they need to be added to our whitelist. From there, they need to sign in when an admin is online to get promoted from guest to member. Anyone in the guest permission set is basically a spectator. They cannot be harmed by anything or harm anything in any way. They cannot interact with any blocks in the server either. All they can do it walk around and talk via chat. With the guest permissions in, a whitelist really isn’t needed anymore. As always, I offer to claim land for anyone to protect what is theirs on the server, so it doesn’t make sense to have something that complex for new players. I plan on disabling the whitelist and writing up a script similar to how it was with cauldron where I can have a player view the /rules and then /accept them.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Return to “News & Announcements”